- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 8 cloves
- 1 bottle red wine (eg Burgandy)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Any sugar or honey
In the Netherlands, Sinterklaas doesn’t want milk with his cookies, he wants mulled wine. This simple recipe will make Santa Claus happy when he visits your house this year. Leave him an Oliebollen or Kruidnoten and he may leave you an extra present or two.
- Wash the orange and lemon with warm water and insert the cloves into the fruit.
- Put the fruit in a high enamel or ceramin pan Do not use a metal pan.
- Pour the wine and the water in with the clove stude fruit
- Put cinnamon stick in the pan and put the lid on it,
- Allow the Bishop Wine to mull for a few hours over low heat. Do not boil.
- Add any sugar or honey to taste.